Bayside Regional Tennis Association and Moorabbin & Districts Junior Tennis Association are calling for nominations for players to compete in the 2021 Associations Junior League (AJL).
AJL is a Tennis Victoria event and brings together competitive players from across the Melbourne Metropolitan area and Geelong.
- Grading is within age groups
- 10 & Under (mixed teams – but it can also be all boys and all girls)
- 12 & Under (boys and girls)
- 14 & Under (boys and girls)
- 16 & Under (boys and girls)
- 18 & Under (mixed teams – 2 boys and 2 girls)
- Home and away matches are played on Sunday mornings
- Play commences at 8.30am (9am for 18/U’s) and concludes by 1pm
- This is an 11 week competition – a 10 week season (no play during School Holidays or Cup Weekend) and a Grand Final week
- Week 1 – Sunday, 15 August.
- Week 11 – Grand Final – Sunday, 21 November
- Each week there are four singles rubbers (best of two sets with the third set being a match tiebreaker) and two doubles rubbers (8 game sets)
There is more travel for AJL compared to local competition. Matches are played on neutral courts hosted by BRTA and MDJTA clubs. Each team will have a Team Manager. As a general rule, all players who nominate will have the opportunity to join a team. Team selection is considered an important step in the Junior Development Pathway.
Good team and club management is required if a player wishes to play in their local Sunday competition at the same time as AJL. Please consider carefully if you prefer the BRTA local competition.
Subject to Covid protocols most home teams will provide a light lunch at the end of play.
AJL results contribute to a players UTR (Universal Tennis Rating) and their TAR (Tennis Australia Rating).
The cost to play AJL is $55 per player. This fee includes team entry, new tennis balls for each round and a pre-season training session with qualified coaches.
Players are expected to wear the team shirt. The cost to purchase the shirt is $30. This year we are offering an optional hoodie. The cost of a hoodie is $40.
Please note that have a small supply of shirts in limited sizes from previous years. These shirts range from $5-10. We will contact you if you list this option with your nomination.
There is no payment required at this stage, you will be invoiced prior to the start of the season.
We invite interested juniors to nominate via the following link:
Nominations must be received by Monday 14 June, 2021.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions:
Maya Ferguson (AJL Co-oordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Juste (AJL Co-ordinator) email@example.com
Craig James (President) firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your nomination.