Frequently Asked Questions

How do we register an emergency player?

(1) Place an (E) beside their name on the scoresheet.
(2) List them in the area for Emergency players at the bottom of the sheet – just above the area for captains’ signatures.
(3) Have the opposition captain sign under the Emergency’s name.
Or: Email the name of the player to the Record Secretary by the night before the match.

If I have played as an emergency in Section 1 on one occasion, could I later play as an emergency in a Section 3 team?

In general, the Answer may be No.
It would be necessary to contact the appropriate Record Secretary to discuss whether this would be appropriate. Otherwise the team may lose points for playing a player deemed to have strengthened the graded team.
Note that if you have been an emergency for a team on four or more occasions, you are no longer eligible to play in lower teams.

If a player has played for a club in one season, can he/she play as an emergency for another club in the next season without a transfer from the previous club?

No!! If in doubt, you should contact the relevant Record Secretary.

When is a player no longer eligible to be in the emergency pool?

After he/she has played as an emergency at any one club on more than 4 occasions in the one season.

What do we do if our courts are unplayable (e.g. due to wind etc) and we decide to move the match to another venue?

You need to inform the Record Secretary before you make a venue change. Once the Record Secretary has approved the change the match may commence. Failure to inform the Record Secretary will incur a fine of $20.00.

Can a Club deny you access to their courts for competition if you are not wearing the correct shoes?


In Sunday Juniors matches, do players have to play in the same order in each match?

Every section must play in the nominated order approved by the BRTA Record Secretary.

In Junior Singles/Doubles Sunday competition, does it matter which nominated singles player plays with another in Doubles? That is, can it be 1+3, 1+4, etc.?

No. It does not matter in which combination players are played in the Doubles matches.

Do we need to fill out surnames on the scoresheets?

Yes. Teams must list players’ christian names and surnames.

Do we have to fill out a scoresheet for finals matches?

Yes. A scoresheet needs to be completed for each finals match.

Do I need to fill in a scoresheet if we have a washout?

Yes. A scoresheet is required for EVERY match. Names of all players in both teams must be listed.

Who sends in the scoresheet if there is a forfeit?

The team which receives the forfeit should send in the scoresheet.